2016 Gibson 1959 Reissue Les Paul – Ice Tea
The 2016 Gibson 1959 Reissue Les Paul – Ice Tea with this year’s updates is a painstaking recreation of the most lusted-after, legendary & iconic Les Pauls ever. In our opinion, Gibson nailed recapturing the mojo of the original 1959 Les Paul Standard and are the very best ’59 Reissues Gibson Custom has ever produced!
2016 1959 Historic Reissue Spec Updates overview:
• One piece, single layer Rosewood fingerboards with real celluloid Trapezoid inlays
• Aniline dye on back & sides on burst finishes. This was original and discontinued many years ago. Aniline dye is a vintage wood coloring technique that accentuates wood grain and color.
• Kluson “Deluxe” tuners – the most accurate reproductions to date. These tuning keys feature the correct color, vintage profile and specifications.
• Hide glue on neck to body joint. Many argue that the original hide-glue guitars are tonally superior to the modern aliphatic adhesives. Hide glue turns transparent in the neck joint & also allows for easier removal of the neck.
• New Custom Bucker pickups that are only available on Historics. These new Custom Bucker Pickups are the most accurate reproduction of the original fifties PAF pickups to date and not available after market.
• Historic Truss Rod Assembly has been redesigned to the vintage truss rods of the 50’s & do not have sleeve or “condom” of the previous reissues.
• Slightly darker cream binding to match the original 50’s Gibsons.
• New color formula for the back & sides that result in a slightly darker color with more depth & grain presentation.
This 2016 Gibson 1959 Reissue Les Paul – Ice Tea Custom Shop 59 RI Les Paul has a Gloss – Ice Tea finish with nice warm color transition, beautifully executed & complimented by an amazing 3D flame maple top true to the original 1959 Les Paul Standard. She weighs a very light & comfy 8.9lbs.
This guitar is extremely lively & resonant! Very loud acoustically, the notes literally jump off this instrument with mojo in spades! And when plugged in, the 2016 Gibson Custom Shop 1959 Reissue Les Paul Gloss – Ice Tea comes alive with tone & sounds as incredible as it looks & feels, thanks to a pair of the new Custom bucker humbucking pickups designed to closely match the original PAFs.
The Custom Buckers are very full and punchy sounding with amazing articulation & detail. They clean up beautifully when rolling off the volume and have amazing response to picking dynamics. Each is made with an Alnico 3 magnet and wound with accurate plain-enamel 42 AWG plain-enamel wire and definitely capture the mojo of the original 1959 Les Paul Standard!
This guitar is 100% brand new/unplayed and comes complete with the Gibson Custom brown lifton style case, certificate of authenticity, pickguard & all case candy. It is like entering a time capsule, returning to 1959 and bringing back the legendary original in perfect, brand new condition! The buyer of this amazing instrument will be pleased beyond words. This is definitely an amazing ’59 & one word sums it up…WOW!
FREE Shipping in Continental U.S.A.!